Monday, December 3, 2012

The Hummingbird by Sylvia Knox


My husband, Eddie, and I enjoy RV camping. As we were unloading after camping with our friends from Georgia, a hummingbird flew into the camper and circled overhead trying to get out. I opened the windows, yet the bird continued to frantically fly in circles near the ceiling. Then my cell phone rang. It was Betty, one of our camping friends who had just gotten home, too.  “Is this Kitty?" she asked. I answered, "No, this is Sylvia." After she apologized for misdialing, I told her about the hummingbird. She calmly instructed Eddie to put a towel over his hand and gently take hold of the bird against the ceiling and take it outside. That tiny bird turned, looked at Eddie briefly, and flew away.

One thing I don't believe in is coincidences and I don't believe Betty misdialed. God was showing us again how much he loves us and cares for us by taking care of the little hummingbird. Luke 12:24 says, " How much more valuable you are than the birds."

Prayer: Thank you God for showing us every day how great your love is for us and how valuable we are to you. 

Thank you for the most valuable gift of love, Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment