Saturday, December 22, 2012

All People Shall See by Frances Duncan (reprinted from Advent Devotions - 1996)



Isaiah 40:5

And the glory of the Lord will be revealed,
 and all people will see it together. For the mouth of the Lord has spoken.

A church school teacher asked the children in her class to write a letter to God. One little girl wrote, “Dear God, my mommy says you are everywhere, but I can’t see you.  Will you come to my house so I can see you?”

Many of the important things in our lives we cannot see – love, friendship, understanding, devotion, faith – but we can many times see the results in ourselves and in others.

Isaiah tells us to prepare our lives to see God work. This is not always easy, for none of us is immune to problems. But our faith need not be hindered by them.  Our lives are mortal, but God and His word are eternal and unfailing.  God’s word is constant and we can see Him through His Word.

Prayer:

Dear God, Open my heart, my eyes, my mouth and my ears that I may see you through your words and your works. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment