Thursday, February 27, 2014

God's Signs by Dana Hamilton

My first pregnancy quickly ended in a miscarriage. I was devastated. My whole life I knew I wanted a big family. Many thoughts went through my mind, and I was furious that I was going through all that pain. I was so depressed and didn't understand why.
My sweet husband has spoiled me and been there for me since we were 14 years old.  To show his love and support, he let me pick out a piece of jewelry. Although my husbands sweet gesture did not take the pain away, it did lifted my spirits and make me feel so loved and blessed to have such a loving husband. I chose an aquamarine ring. I loved the stone, although I had no connection to that birthstone. The next month I was pregnant. My son’s birthstone is the beautiful aquamarine.
Some may think its coincidence, but I know my God sent me my angels, Whit, and later, his little sister Cecilia. Whether coincidence or not, God has blessed me with my children and the aquamarine ring reminds me of this.  I wear that ring everyday. I don't know why I went through that pain, but I do know I am now more thankful for my children. God has sent me so many "signs" in my life, and I am so thankful for all that he has shown me. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing, Dana. This gives me chills to see how God is always at work in our lives!

    ReplyDelete